Thursday, June 25, 2015

COVER REVEAL: A Drop of Night

Guess what.

No, you have to guess.

Ok, I see you are uninterested in shenanigans.

A Drop of Night's cover has just been revealed on Epic Reads along with three other beauteous covers from Harper's Winter 2016 list, and it also has a release date and everything! :D March 15th, 2016!

And since you probably skipped over all that to see the cover anyway, here it is, BASK IN ITS SINISTER RADIANCE!



Synopsis:

Seventeen-year-old Anouk has finally caught the break she’s been looking for—she’s been chosen to participate in an exclusive program that will allow her to fly to France and explore the Palais des Papillons - the Palace of Butterflies - a vast underground Versailles buried a hundred feet below ground as a refuge for 19th century aristocrats wishing to live out the French Revolution in safety and luxury. Along with four other teens from the United States, Anouk will be one of the first people to set foot in the palace in more than two hundred years. But the expedition is not all it seems, and as Anouk soon learns, the palace is deadly. . .

A fast-paced teen debut from Stefan Bachmann, surprising and haunting, for fans of The Maze Runner and Joss Whedon’s thriller The Cabin in the Woods.


I'm like this right now. I'm those three bouncy people at the door, and e'erbody else is that guy in the brown cardigan wondering what on earth is going on.
Just look at that title treatmennnnnnt. I didn't like the title A Drop of Night much at first. This book went through approximately 9,999 titles, and it sold way back in 2013 under the name Dead Man's Palace, and I still have a soft spot for that title, but some people thought it would have pirates in it, and pirates are sorely lacking, so it HAD TO CHANGE.

So I merrily sent lots of lists of suggestions to my agent and editor, and A Drop of Night was just one of many, and then my editor said everyone loved that title in-house. I was like "Whaaaaat."

But then I saw it in context with the cover and was like "Nevermind, I love it TOO."

And I do. I *adore* this cover. I think it's quite dark and ominous, and I have been waiting for a dark and ominous cover for some time now.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it! :) Give me your thooooughts!

14 comments:

  1. I love the cover. I'm excited to read it after knowing you worked SOOOO hard on it. Can't wait! Yay March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Rachel. I'm maybe most excited about this one than any of your others! (Probably only because I have not read this one yet.) Congrats. 'Tis GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly! :) I'm definitely most *nervous* about this one than I have been about any of the other ones...

      Delete
  3. Another book. {ho hum...} What else is new?
    JK! Congratulations!!
    (But seriously. You are a writing machine.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm actually super slow compared to some writers I know... But thank youuuu!!

      Delete
  4. Harriet the SpryJune 27, 2015 at 3:56 PM

    ARGHHHHHHHHHEHHHHHHUHHHHHH <--------- my delicate way of expressing my deep need for this book. It is beauteous indeed, GIVE IT TO ME NOW STEFAN WHY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That username, though... xD THANK YOU.

      Delete
  5. YAAAAY! This seriously looks like something I'd grab off a shelf. It's sinister, indeed! Can't wait for this one!

    Precious @ Fragments of Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this book! For lots of reasons, but it's definitely my cup of tea! I wish you lots of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! I hope people like it. We shall see. :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulation, Stefan. Looking forward to read your latest book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new Book, Congratulations. As a writer I know what it takes to put in the time and effort to produce a work like this. Can't wait to read it. Great Job Stefan.

    ReplyDelete