Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Travel (aka, around the world in 30 days)

Dubai being all sparkly and light-y.

Remember this post from last year when I said I really-really-reaaaaally wanted to go to Tokyo, but probably wouldn't because it's faraway and who just randomly goes to Tokyo?

I'm going.

Like, in real life. I'm so excited. Let me explain:


- I'm flying from Zürich to Portland.

This has been planned for a while. We have family friends in Oregon, and Little Brother goes to visit them every summer. He can't travel alone. I lurrrrv travelling. So I was like:


- I'm flying from Portland to Tokyo.

This was not planned at all. After dropping off Little Brother in Portland I'm flying to Vancouver and then to Tokyo. Why I'm flying to Tokyo is a little bit of a long story, but my Mom is going to be in Tokyo and I have never been to Tokyo, so I was like:

The struggle is so real.
- I'm flying from Tokyo to Dubai.

This was planned even less than the not-planned thing. I need to fly back to the US at some point to pick up Little Brother and cart him home to Zürich, and because of logic it's cheaper to fly via Dubai to the US than, ya know, traveling 10,000km less and just flying across the Pacific.

So I was like:



Which means I'm going to Dubaiiiii, you guysss, ahhhh! :D I have friends who have been to Dubai, and they said it was boring and hot and like Las Vegas except you have to wear clothes, and they also said there was nothing to do but shop and eat. And since I'm there during Ramadan, shops and eateries will only open after sundown, so amma just gonna write likeh crazy.

And then I'm flying from Dubai to the US. And then I'm flying back to Switzerland.

I'm literally flying all the way around the world. I hope that makes for one or two good blog posts. I'm a bit tempted to start an Instagram or Tumblr, though, because I feel like blogger is dead. But I dunno. Should I? Do you like Tumblr or Instagram? Or should I just stick with blogger?

6 comments:

  1. JOIN US. WE DENIZENS OF TUMBLR WILL WELCOME YOU.

    Seriously. Tumblr is fun and probably not a COMPLETE waste of time... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. How old is your brother again? My god-mother is a librarian and their program is often in contact w Dubai so she got to go . It sounded hot but also a blast. Have a great time Stefan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. INSTAGRAM GET AN INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. stefan, you should get an instagram

    ReplyDelete