Tuesday, May 27, 2014

CABINET BIRTHDAY!


Alexander Jansson's art for "The Storyteller's Shadow" by Katherine Catmull.
Update: The Cabinet of Curiosities got a starred review today from Publishers Weekly, which called it "A delight." We're delighted they think it's a delight. Thank you, PW! (This is its second starred review after the one from Kirkus, so we're doubly delighted, actually.)

---

Things are busyyyy. Semester exams are happeninnnng. I just got back from Viennaaaaa. Vienna is amazinnnnng. You should visit iiiiiiit.

Also, The Cabinet of Curiosities is out TODAY. It's marvelous-looking. It's huge. There are extra stories and letters and little tidbits and of course Alexander Jansson's illustrations, and I'm super happy and proud of how it came together. Basically, if you need something to read for long plane rides, or a summer vacation gift for middle-schoolers, or a birthday present for people who breathe air, I think you should pick it up. *pounds wildly on self-promotion drum*

We're doing bunches of things, including a Twitter chat, giveaways, guest posts, podcasts, etc.


And here are some random of pictures of the book. :) Ya know, just randomly. :) Not to convince you of its virtues or anything. :)

Shiny.

Almost 500 pages.
My copies. *pets*

Aren't they cool? I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it, and thanks so much to all the people who made it happen, especially Greenwillow/HarperCollins.

Bye. :)

6 comments:

  1. I just got my *special ordered* copy!! SQUEE! I can't wait to crack the cover. ^_^

    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D THANK YOU. We're so, so excited. Have I said that already? xD I hope you like it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And then the box of paperbacks. I'm blazing through them, though. I'm like "HERE, TAKE A COPY, RANDOM GUEST." I fear they will not last long. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! They look amazing!!!!!!!! I have to try and get my hands on a copy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you!!! I hope you like iiiit.

      Delete