Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Zürich at Christmas



[Insert convincing excuses for not having blogged in fifty bajillion years here]

Hi, peoplessssss. :) It's almost the end of December. Which means it's almost 2014. Which means next week I'm sending Dead Man's Palace to my editor and fleeing to London, and will take many, many pictures there. Haha. No, really. I'm going to try.
In the mean time, I have THINGS:

Thing 1 -  I watched Frozen. I really loved it. *claps delightedly* You should watch it, too.

Thing 2 - I watched The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I have many opinions on it, but overall I really loved it. *claps delightedly* You should watch it, too.

Thing 3 - I wrote a poem for Cabinet of Curiosities. Writing it was utter torture. *claps delightedly* Ahem. I don't actually know anything about poetry, but it's there for you to read if you so please. 

Thing 4 - random snapshots of Zürich and Christmas-time:

Christmas is all about little red-painted trams.


And comfortable clothing.

And death in motorcycle helmets with sparkly antlers.

And floofy ponies.
And ENGLISH BOOKS.

And getting wash-off Winnie-the-Poo tattoos like a rebel.

And doing photoshoots at the Lindt chocolate factory. (Ok, this a whoooooooole 'nother story, and actually this happened back in September? Yeah. I don't know why I haven't blogged about this yet. It will have to be a different post.)

And eating bagel burgers.

And running smack into people in the street because you're staring at the lights. (This picture does not do justice to the prettiness that is the Bahnhofstrasse in December. A few years ago the old Christmas lights were replaced by some artsy, tubular ones, because Switzerland likes to be hip and with-it to the point of exaggeration, and they looked like this, and folk were like "Ewwwww." So they changed it. And they got it right this time, I think. Also, I don't know who those people in the picture are. Sorry, random people.)

And visiting the Zürich market. THAT TREE: It's decorated with something like 50,000 Swarovski pieces. Shiny.

And that's all. I hope you guys have an awesome Christmas and happy holidays and a good new year AND I SHAKE YOU WARMLY BY THE HAND and will post again soon with London pictures. Bye. :)

12 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Stefan! Thank you for the photos, except you were not in a single one. I'm very impressed that the Zurichites can make it look like it is snowing sparkly lights. Happy Christmas to all your family! (Just received the Christmas letter yesterday, thank you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) Also, I AM, though, because that tattoo'd hand is mine. But yeah, people pictures are a rare thing here.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I thought so, too. :D Zürich at Christmas is so much prettier than Zürich at most other times of the year.

      Delete
  3. I shall also shake you warmly by the hand - once you finally get up. Merry Christmas, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I sleep that late on Christmas? Haha! Ah well.

      Delete
  4. That Bagel sandwich sure looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MUAH. Merry Christmas, Stef. :D Also, LONDONNNNNN. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm replying from the future. DON'T WALK DOWN THAT ALLEY THERE ARE THINGS IN IT AND PEOPLE.

      Delete
  6. Liebe Stefan,
    Das isch chli en komische Ort zum dir schriebe aber bin ned sicher gsi wie ich dich süscht sött kontaktiere. Min name sich Stephanie Frech und han im Summer dmatur ade kanti Küsnacht (Züri) gmacht und han es Chinderbuech/chochbuech uf englisch gschriebe (ich bin au Amerikanerin). Ich han extrem vill vo mir i das buech investiert und es bedütet mir vill, das mit anderne zteile. Ich han im summer mal agfange mich mit Literatur agente und query letters zbefasse. Ich han dich darum welle fröge ob du mir vilicht chöntisch es paar tips geh betreffend dem ganze Prozess. Ich weiss dass du sicher ziemlich vill ufm teller hesch im moment und das darum e ziemlich grossi bitt isch. Es würd mir sehr vill bedüte und würd di natürli gern zb zumne kafi ilade. Das isch mini email Adresse: stephanie_frech@hotmail.com; Ich wür mi freue wenn dich bi mir melde würdsch, aber no pressure :)
    Liebi Grüess, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Stephanie, chömmer sicher mal mache, muesch mich villicht eifach dra errinere. Min email isch uf mim Websiite, also, wenn ich vergisse zruggschriibe chasch mich eso kontaktiere. But I'll try not to forget. :)
      Gruess! Stefan

      Delete