Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yessss!

I finished my tests! You know the tests? These one's I have been whining about on twitter and on the blog and irl? They went well overall I think. Everyone was nice. The other candidates were nice. I knew most of the things. Except I kind of flubbed playing the f-sharp minor cadence during oral theory, so afterwards I was like:






And then during the admission discussion, when asked where I'm going to be in ten years, I was like, "I have no idea where I'm going to be in ten years. . . " which is like the wrongest of wrong answers. But I don't even know where I want to be now, let alone in a decade. Whatever. Honesty is rarely an immediately helpful trait in human relations.

Anyway, WE SHALL SEE. :D I'll hear whether I can continue music-y things in a week or two. In the meantime, The Whatnot is being made into ARCs, and I'm road-tripping in Merry England with Taryn Albright and my older brother, and I so excited. I hope you guys are having a grand time.

Bye. :)

11 comments:

  1. ENGLAND! I am jealous. Have lots of tea and scones on my behalf. :)

    I'm glad your tests are over! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! (Also I cannot wait to get my hands on The Whatnot.)

    I'm about to go into my last finals week ever, so that's grand. Also terrifying. But mostly kind of awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall. Tea is actually planned, because I've never HAD it there, so it's like in our schedule and everything xD

      Also, thank youuu. :) Fingers crossed for you, too!!

      Delete
  2. Crossing my fingers for you. I think it is hard to know where you see yourself in 10 years. Our goals are always changing, fluid. (Grown ups, too. My dad was 40 when he went for his master's in social work/to help kids!). Heck, even what I wanted 4 years ago is different from today!

    In other news, my birthday was yesterday (May 1st)!!! ~*~*~*~ I had Thai food and saw 8 friends, and bought some new clothes. Bought myself a book today as a present.

    Hope you are doing well. It has been a long time - we ought to have a catch-up when you are not gallivating England with Taryn and your brother! xox

    Or just fly me to Zurich again and we'll meet by the fat angel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RACHEL. IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY AND I DIDN'T KNOW THIS? Happy Birthday. :D And thanks. You need to come baaaack. But we should be able to meet up in the Fall. We'll find a fat angel to meet by in Boston.

      Delete
  3. "Honesty is rarely an immediately helpful trait in human relations." I lold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you are a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and will come back down the road. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great writing, have a nice morning!

    Also visit my web blog :: http://www.abercrombieandfitchbe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for finishing tests! That is always a relief.

    Hello! I'm a new follower. I finished your book today and I really enjoyed it! It is one of my new favourites and I am very excited for book two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks so much!! I'm really glad you liked it! Also, yes, huge relief. Now I just hope I passed them...

      Delete
  6. JUST FINISHED THE PECULIAR AND IT WAS SO FRICKING GOOD MAN. Just wondering how old Bartholomew and Hettie are though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooo, thank you!!! I don't know exactly, but I imagine Hettie around seven and Bartholomew around twelve. Thanks for reading! :D

      Delete