Wednesday, January 2, 2013

O, les Sentiments


So, I feel kind of bad for that mopey post from a few days ago, because awesome people have been doing awesome things and I was just being wretchedly grouchy. I mean, look at this stuff:

- The Peculiar is a finalist for the Cybil Awards. Yayyyyyy. I've never been a finalist for a book award before, so that's kind of speshul to me.

- Publishers Weekly let me be one of their Flying Starts of 2012. That's like when they pick six authors who had an interesting/auspicious/buzzed-about debut, and it is very big honor indeed because you get to be on their cover. Publishers Weekly has been super nice to my book from the start, and they gave it a starred review and everything, so thanks, PW. :)

(There is a line in the article, though, where I'm all like, "I wanted to write a book about all the things I liked, like WAR n' stuff." Uh. I kind of hate war with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. I may have been being facetious. Tip: don't be facetious when on the phone with giant newspapers, mmmmmkay?)

- Huffington Post put me on their list of 18 under 18. I'm not under eighteen anymore, but I suppose I was earlier this year, so whatever.

Also, I want to say thank you to all the people who bought the book, and who read the book, and who took the time to review the book whether you liked it or not, and who voted for the book in polls, and who nominated the book for awards, and who gave the book lovely reviews and put it on lovely lists, and who blogged/tweeted/threw it at people, and I doubt many of you will actually see this, but seriously, THANK YOU. I really, really appreciate it and 2012 would not have been half as cool without all the stuff you guys did. :)

8 comments:

  1. Look at you! So "LaDeeDa" but that is a prestigious list! Congratulations! The Huff Post thing is a big deal too! Look at the company you're in!

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/teen-year-in-review-huffp_n_2302280.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, some of those kids are insanely brilliant. Also, it wasn't my intention to be la-dee-da. I see I need to get back into the habit of exclamation points and caps. xD

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is some seriously awesome stuff! Congrats, and I do hope you're feeling better. "Over the weather"?? Is that what you should be when you've been "under the weather"?

    Oh, and I lend your book to all my friends and brag that I've known the author since he was a little punk kid. And so far they all love it. One friend was reading it aloud to her kids and was afraid it might be too intense/scary, but when she asked them, they begged her to go on because they loved it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM over the weather, thank you! :D

      And that's so cool. Thanks for handing it around!! I think sometimes kids aren't scared of things in books as much as grown-ups are. Ahhh, that makes me happy that they liked it...

      Delete
  3. O, ces sentiments sont très doux. :) Also haaaa. The PW thing. Everyone will be like *taps foot* "STEFAN, YOU WARMONGER."

    Joke. Anyone who knows you knows you're terribly vehement about that sort of thing. And everyone else DON'T MATTER. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mes sentiments semblent être un peu sobre. But OH WELL. And yeah, it don't matter t'all, I just figured I should clear that up somewhere. ;)

      Delete
  4. All FABulous news, Stefan! Wow. Glad you seem to be feeling better too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, thanks!! And yeah, it's exciting. :D

      Delete