Monday, December 3, 2012

Book 2 Title Reveal! And Other Things!

This is just a very quick round-up post about things I've mostly already talked about on Twitter, but I'm going to be all cross-post-y and put them up here as well.


Oh, why, thank you. So:

- I have a signing in Switzerland. My very first one here. It's on December 9th at the Orrel Füssli English Bookshop, Zürich Bahnhofstrasse, 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM. If you could come it would be smashing. :)

- The Peculiar was named a Publishers Weekly Best Book of Year. This makes me happy.

- A nice kid contacted me and asked if she could set up a Facebook page for the book, and of course I was like YEAH, so here it is, and currently five people like it which obviously makes me feel like a huge success. If you liked it, you could make it Facebook offical.

- I've already given this away in various overseas interviews but The Peculiar 's sequel has a TITLE, you guys! It issss. . .  



Do you like it? Do you hate it? Do you not care particularly? Let me know, because it took us forever to come up with it and I'm dying to hear what you think. :)

22 comments:

  1. :D You already know my thoughts!!! I am off to hold everyone at gunpoint to like your book. On fb, that is. Though I'm about to go set up shop in every book store EVAR and make people buy it :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH I LIKE IT. I like it a lot. YAAY titles!! *high fives*

    Also, the Facebook page has been dutifully liked. *salutes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going all domestic, are you? Definitely has me intrigued, I'll say that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Well, I hope you like it if you decide to read it. :)

      Delete
  4. Without having read The Peculiar (I know, I know, I'm close to being ready I promise!), I have to say I can't make a judgement on THE WHATNOT. It does sound intriguing though! Oooh and is your signing at the English bookstore we went to? What a lovely place and wish I could be there to support! Congratulations on PW Best Book stuff - how exciting!!! Obviously I liked the FB page. It'd be a crime if I didn't

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read what's in it! And I like the title. It is intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems directly on par with your last intriguing title. I just added your debut novel to my Christmas list! Came across it while searching for children's literature through Amazon Books. Congratulations on the incredible cover art, too! That's one of the many things I love about young fiction; color and creativity. I wish I wrote a winning novel when I was that age. Still working... Thanks for your contribution to Literature :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I hope you like Book 1. And I AGREE, my publisher did a fantastic job with the book's design. I feel quite lucky. :)

      Delete
  7. Whatever the obscure British P-noun was that I suggested to you, I would have liked that better. But I'm sure you'll sell millions of Whatnots now instead of millions of pipsqueaks or pantaloons or whatever it was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I loved that title! So adorably absurd and, dare I say it, PECULIAR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it. The name fits with the previous book, so people who've read them can remember names within the series. Also, it just sounds good! Can't wait to read it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read The Peculiar yet (however, I am getting it for Christmas), but I like The Whatnot even better as a title than The Peculiar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this book signing at the same place we often visited?? :D If so, remember when we'd go there and I'd say "Hey! They'll probably have your book here! you should have a book signing!!" :D

    Also, love the title. It's a stefanism, so it's perfect

    ReplyDelete
  12. are the books in ibooks too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is in the US, but I don't know about other countries. Possibly? :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks, you guys, so much, for the title love! Super glad you like it. :D

    ReplyDelete