Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Trailer Tuesday #9: The Peculiar

"But WAIT, Stefan, I thought you didn't do Trailer Tuesdays anymore, because they're out, or something."

Oh, but you see, a CERTAIN trailer was put on ze youtube, annnnd here it is:


SO? What do you think? Isn't it humble, declaring the book "one of the most anticipated of the year"? Yeah,  obviously I didn't write the copy. If I had, it would have said something like, "This is an okay book. It has creepy faeries. You could read it if you wanted to. Or not. Just whatever. . ."

But seriously, I think Harper made an awesommmme trailer, and I had tons of fun writing the music for it, and I hope you like it! I mean, doesn't it make you want to RUN to the nearest bookstore and buy ALL the copies? Yeah? Ok, maybe just one copy then.

Anyway. One more week, peoples. Like, literally, today in a week the book will be on shelves. I'm excited. :)

17 comments:

  1. I really, really love the trailer music. Really a lot. *listens to on repeat whilst sending queries* You, sir, are incredibly talented!! *high fives*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So cool. LOVE the artwork. Posting to Facebook!....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And the music....fantastic! Love the choo choo train tempo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part of the trailer is how happy the pictures are, how serious YO music is and all the quotesies at the end. I mean IT IS A DARK BOOK, PEEPS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaaaay! So excited for you Stef! I'm going to buy one, buuuuuuuuut you must remember your promise! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you guys like the trailer!! :) And thanks, Clayvessel, for posting to Facebook!

    @Amber: of COURSE. I'll probably be in Colorado next month. I WILL BRING IT TO YOU. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It works! It makes me want to read it! (even more!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, then it does work. :) Hope you like it!

      Delete
  8. I am BUYING this for my KIDS (and me, of course). It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I hope you (and your kids, of course) like it!

      Delete
  9. I'm buying this one, too. For me...and my book club kids. Er, once I get the book club up and running. Love that trailer, btw. Happy launching your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo. Thanks!! Glad you like the trailer, and hope you like the book! :)

      Delete
  10. Just heard that you're scheduled to appear at the Tween Read Book Festival! I'm putting together a promo video and would love a video quote from you if you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! So, you're a composer too? Wow! Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Tweens Read Book Festival on Oct 20th! It's held at my school and we are honoured to have all of the visiting authors. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @CSCastillo: I'd be happy to!

    @Mark: Thanks! Suuuuper excited to be going. :D

    ReplyDelete