Saturday, September 29, 2012

TOUR DATES - October 2012




Exclamation point. Or upside-down person. Whichever.
Guess WHAT.

I have tour dates.

The public ones are listed below. I'm doing TEN (update: make that twenty) school visits besides those, though, in Colorado (Denver area), Michigan (Petosky area), Texas (Dallas area), and Illinois (Chicago area) and was told those aren't announced, because they're not open to public. So that's sad. But if you know me, or we're in some way vaguely related, you can shoot me an email and we can discuss options of disguising yourself as a twelve year old and sneaking in just saying hey in the parking lot, if you're in the area.

Also, I've been getting quite a few emails and tweets from awesome people asking to come do a signing in a specific city or town, which is of course very flattering, but you see, the US is sooooo huuuuuge and I'm not going to every state. Sorry...

Anyway, here are the events that will be open to everyone, and if you're nearby you should COME!

Oh, and if you know me from this blog, you can say "Scathing Jellyfish" and I'll give you one of those Are You Peculiar? pins from BEA. (Which is actually special, because I don't have many left.) (Update: never mind, I have a ton now. So you can ALL have one! :D)

---

Monday, October 8th, - Charlevoix, MI
Book talk - 4:00PM, 220 West Clinton St
Charlevoix, MI 49720

Tuesday October 9th - Harbor Springs, MI
Autographing - 3:30PM, 152 East Main St. 
Harbor Springs, MI

Saturday, October 13th – New York, NY
Autographing – 11:45AM-12:45PM (Autographing Tables 2, 3, 4)

Sunday, October 14th – New York, NY
Books of Wonder – public event at 1PM
18 West 18th Street  
New York, NY 10011

Saturday, October 20th – Houston, TX
Tweens Read Festival – 9:30AM-4:00PM
Bobby Shaw Middle School
1201 Houston Ave.
PasadenaTexas 77502
Coordinated by Blue Willow Bookshop

Tuesday, October 23rd – Chicago, IL
Anderson’s Bookshop (Naperville) – public event at 7PM
123 West Jefferson
Naperville, IL 60540


(There may be two or three more coming. I'll update this post accordingly.)

18 comments:

  1. I'm voting for upside-down person. Since I won't be anywhere near those locations, I'll say "Scathing JellyFish" here, just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I present to you a virtual button of peculiar-ness. I have lots of those. :D

      Delete
  2. Oh man, no visits to the west? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO VISITS TO BOSTON? What the hell is this blasphemy????? Gah! I'll try to see if I can get my butt to NYCC or BoW, but I'm not 100% sure. Um if not...can we have a virtual hang out? lol ala Skype?

    I owe you an e-mail of updated proportions.

    Best! Rachel :) :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a fellow Bostonian, I second the blasphemous WTH nature of the incredible Mr. Stefan Bachmann's lack of presence. :(

      Delete
    2. I SORRY. They didn't send me there. But if I ever get sent on tour again I will go *everywhere*, ever. :)

      Delete
  4. Well, I'm sad you aren't coming to Washington State, but the US is HUGE, it's true. I just picked up a copy of your book and my son is already fighting me for it :) It's SO good. Enjoy your tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall try my best to get to the Books of Wonder event on the 14th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah...bummer. I wish there was one closer to where I am, I'd certainly be at one if I could. In any case, have lots of fun on your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please come to San Francisco, California! You have a fan base there as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come to Minneapolis! It's not that far from your last stop, but still far enough that I can't make it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, have been sadly neglecting comments. Alas, I don't decide which places I go to, and haven't heard anything about visiting CA, or UK, or MN. But thanks so much! :D Hopefully I can someday... :)

      Delete
  9. I am so excited for you to come to Naperville through Andersons!!!!We started to read the PEculiars outloud in class and it is so addicting!!! I am super happy that I am one of the lucky students that gets to prepare for your arrivial!! I will make sure to remember the code word scathing jellyfish if I get the chance to meet you. (Fingers crossed!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! Super glad you guys are liking it. I'm exciting, too. :D

      Delete
  10. UM, AGES AGO? We should have met up! O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis a tragedy indeed. :( Darn it, I need more access to the internet so I can find out about these things.

      Delete