Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Book Tour + Website + Release Day


I kind of suspect this blog is going to get annoyingly self-promo-y in the next few weeks, but I have no CHOICE,  you see, because that's the only thing I'll have to talk about that's halfway interesting.

So.

Tour

I'm going on tour in October! To places! In the US! I'm excited. I don't have all the final events and times yet, but I'll definitely post a tidy list when I do. Right now it looks like I'll be going to NYC and Dallas and Chicago and various other places, and if you are near one of them you should commmmmme.

Website

I have a website. It's a very pyootiful website. So pyootiful, in fact, that I think you should go look at it.

Now. O_O

...

Did you look? Because of my hypnotic stare you looked. Great. I worked long and hard on my hypnotic stare. O-O

The website was designed by Marissa Hussey, who is a really great web designer and very patient with certain people who change their minds every three seconds, so if you are prone to being indecisive need a snazzy author website built I totally recommended her.

Release Day

It's today. But besides being Book Release Day today is also a Tuesday, and Tuesday means classes until nine in the evening, so I don't have a lot of time to dwell on things. Editor has already sighted it in the wilds anyway, and I suppose I've mostly gotten used to the fact that it's out there for strangers to like it, or not like it, or just be kind of "eh" about it. I dunno, maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet. Right now, for me, knowing that it's in bookstores is mostly pleasant and faintly worrisome.

But rule number one for newby writers is definitely, "Don't freak out over things you have no control over," so whatever. I wrote a book, I worked hard revising it with my editor (and went a little bit insane for two weeks, but that's a WHOLE 'nother blog post), I did the very best I could do at the time, and now the book is not mine, but other people's, and you guys's, and the long-lost friend's who I don't really want to read it, but who wrote to me a few weeks ago and was like, "EEK, I'M TOTES GONNA READ YO FAIRY BOOK, EEK."

That's just how these book-things works, I suppose.

I very much hope you like that one I wrote. :)

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your book's birth into the scary world. It's a creature of its own now, and like real children, it might not do what you want it too, but you'll be proud of it in the end, I'm sure. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy (it's barely 6am Tuesday here). Are going to be in the Seattle area? *runs to heed hypno eyes and check website*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I hope so. I'm not completely sure, but I don't think I'll make it to the West Coast this time. Bummerrr...

      Delete
  2. *sprinkles you with faery dust* Congrats on the release! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Stefan! Such an exciting event for an otherwise regular Tuesday. So convenient that your book comes out on a Tuesday when Tuesdays are also your blog day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm convinced every interesting thing happens on a Tuesday. The book sold on a Tuesday, too. :P

      And thank you!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Stefan!!! *throws confetti* *plays party blowers* *happy dances*

    ALSO if you are in NYC between the 17th and 20th of October I shall be the HAPPIEST PERSON EVER because I'll be home on Fall Break and I can go to your event then! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nooooo! I'm in NYC for Comic-Con, and then flying out on the 15th! O_o This is lame. Lamelamelame.

      Also, I already said this on twitter, but thank youuuu. :)

      Delete
    2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dangit! *epic sadface* Are you at least there for a weekend? I could catch the bus to NYC for a weekend, but not during the week. :(

      Delete
    3. It is a weekend! :D Saturday/Sunday the 13th + 14th, I think!

      Delete
    4. Oooh... possibilities, then... *looks up bus tickets*

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! Am very excited for you! And looking forward to reading it... I might have even clicked the Amazon link and possibly have drooled for a minute...

    Website looks great, too! Have a very happy writer birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Glad you like the website!!

      Wait, the Amazon page drool-worthy? *looks*



      Delete
  6. Yay! I am running to my bookstore now! Well, driving, but that's so I can start reading sooner! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh!!! Just... ah. :) May have already said this, but I hope you like it!

      Delete
  7. Where is your schedule!!??? Is Colorado on the route?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! :) Hopefully I'll have the final one, soon.

      Delete