Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Scottish Highland Festival + STEAMPUNK

As the title of this post *may* have completely given away, we went to a Scottish Highland Festival last weekend. And it wasn't just because we had watched Pixar's Brave the day before. Even though that movie? Was great. I liked it lots. My Mom liked it well enough. My little brother thought it was the funniest thing ever, which equates with liking it lots.

Anyway, Scottish Highland Festival. It was nothing like Brave.

Picture dump below:

Following the Scottish-looking peoples. They were going to the Highland Festival, too, imagine that.

Doggy Retta being adorable, and my sistah.

STEAMPUNK DRAGON. (And I have no clue what this had to do with the Scottish, or highlands, or festivals, but it was there and it was awesome.)

STEAMPUNK BERSERKER.
STEAMPUNK LION + STEAMPUNK PREDATOR.

STEAMPUNK WALL-E.

STEAMPUNK- Oh, wait, bagpipes.

There were lots of odd and interesting people running around.

There was a ginormous creepy dog.

There was axe-throwing.

There was archery.

There were weird competitions apparently designed to embarrass the contestants.

There was palm-reading, which I assume is like book-reading only with palms.

There was pole-climbing. . .

. . .and pole-falling. . .

. . .and bell-bottoms. (But don't laugh, because according to Mom these bell-bottoms were traditional woodworker's outfits back in the day.)
So there you have it! Not like Brave. All very interesting, though. :)

14 comments:

  1. I love bellbottoms. I wore them all through the 70's.

    Switzerland is so on top of that steam punk thing.

    Apparently any kind of attire is accepted with kilts. So strange. Also I would be deathly afraid of getting an eyeful during any of those events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I don't get bellbottoms. They're kind of innately ridculous. Like skinny jeans. Oh wait...

      Also, ummm, yeah. Eyefuls happened. It was slightly disturbing.

      Delete
    2. HaHAAAA!!!! XDD

      Was just about to ask if the Swiss wannabes were True Scottsmen... NOW WE KNOW.

      Delete
    3. Mrs Kehhhhhhhhhhhh, Briony's being obscennnnnnne. xD

      Delete
  2. That steampunk dragon. I want it. I'm not sure what I would do with it, precisely, but I must have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me TOO. And I know what Iiiiii'd do with it. I'd ride it to school. :P

      Delete
  3. WOW...that looks SOOOO incredibly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was coo. :) Especially cuz steampunk.

      Delete
  4. Wish I'd been there. Thanks for all the great pics-esp. the dragon. Loved: "And palm reading, which I assume is like book reading, but with palms."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder if they would ship a few of those dragons to the states. Far cooler than a garden gnome. I'm thinking you should write travel guides in your spare time. Great write-ups and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AGREE. People should steampunk-i-fy their gardens.

      Also, haaa, I don't think people would read my travel guides. I would make fun of everything. ;) But thanks!

      Delete
  6. Bell bottoms keep sawdust out of your shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bell bottoms keep sawdust out of your shoes

    ReplyDelete