Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hardcovers!!! And Stuff!!!

Twenty-one more days till The Peculiar is out, AYE!

I AM PREPARED.

Haha. Ha. Hahaha. Um.

ANYWAY! I have five things to tell you:

- I got a finished hardcover. It's so pretty. So-so pretty and shiny, and has rough-cut pages and looks like this:

It's not actually 500 pages long, by the way. It just looks like it because the pages are floofed-out.

- I marched myself into Zürich to meet up with RACHEL. (Hi, Rachel!) We talked about books for many hours and did a great deal of walking for no particular reason in order to get to no particular place. We also went into a Starbucks and then went out again without buying anything and got bottled water at a super market. Because we're cheap.

- I did an interview with Smack-Dab-in-the-Middle, which was fun. You can read it heaaaahhhhh.

- It was announced that The Peculiar is one of the Top Ten books of Fall 2012 on the Indie Next List. I hope I'm allowed to say that. Bookselling this Week has it up, so I assume it's ok for me to put it up as well? Yeah? *glances around nervously for HarperCollins ninjas*

- I re-watched Gosford Park. The first time I watched I was like, "Eh, iz ok." Now I'm like, "Ohhh, iz so clever and scathing."

- I got new blog followers! I don't know where they came from, but HI!

That's kind of all. That was exciting. Bye. :)

10 comments:

  1. So prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! <3

    Man, am I happy that even though I'm on a buy-all-the-pretty-books ban I still managed to negotiate this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting it? :D Coooool. I hope you like it!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow you marched all the way to Zurich. Impressive! I also can't believe 21 more days until TP comes out!!!! Also, apparently my entire family now says "Hi." including my parents LOL. #AllfansofStefan ;o) Good luck w/the rest of uni!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, technically I just marched myself to the train station and up the escalators. But STILL.

      Also, that's funny. Hi, Rachel's Family! :)

      Delete
  3. Woohoo! :D

    So I listened to the Peculiar music that was linked to in that there interview. STEFAN. WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually totally boring. BUT I'M GLAD YOU LIKED THE MUSIC. :D There's going to be more for the ebook and trailer and stuffff.

      Delete
    2. *insert angelic AAAAAH of excitement*

      Delete
  4. Ooo, I love the new blog design! So pretty! And I love that THE PECULIAR has rough cut edges! I can't wait to buy the real thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish to purchase your book, but the computer screen keeps making my money bounce back! :(

    At least the release is almost here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Natalie: Thank you! :D Also, yesss. The rough-cut edges are almost my favourite thing.

    @Brenda: Silly screen. xD I'm so happy you want to read it, though!!

    ReplyDelete