Sunday, July 15, 2012

Goodbye, World!

It's summerrrrrr. And school just ended. So this is a pre-emptive blog post for Tuesday, because I will be gone.

We're going to Zermatt for a few days. Zermatt looks like so:


I can't wait to go, seriously. I plan to do nothing but read, and edit, and attempt to stay off the internet, and hopefully I'll have some interesting travel stories to relate for next week. But I don't right now. Right now I only have three things to say.

THING ONE: In case you missed me squawking about it on Twitter, The Peculiar got a starred review from Publishers Weekly! Woo!

A starred review is a review with a star on it. I think the star means it's special.

But seriously, I'm super happy PW liked the book and I want to shake their collective hand.

THING TWO: There's a twenty copy giveaway for The Peculiar underway over on Goodreads which you can enter if you so please.

THING THREE: I watched The Importance of Being Earnest! At the behest of Jolly Good Friend. The same Jolly Good Friend who behested me to watch The Avengers. Only this time Jolly Good Friend was right. It was good. And funny. And I think you should watch it, too. Especially if I know you in real life. Then I will probably want to watch it with you so that we can laugh at the same parts. It's all about characters who are witty and deceitful and somewhat horrible to each other while still being sophisticated most of the time, which is OBVIOUSLY the best sort of movie.

"I'm Earnest."                                   "Yes, apparently."
I'm not sure it will go on my all-time favorites list. Sometimes it's silly, and the jazz soundtrack was not a good idea, and the ending is a little bit contrived. But it's just so FUNNY.

Anyway. Off I go.

Bye. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that movie. Also see "An Ideal Husband" (if you haven't already) for similar hilarity.

    Have fun in Zermatt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Jolly Good Friend said the same thing. ;)

      And thanks! I did!

      Delete
  2. The Importance of Being Earnest is one of my favorites. Glad you loved it, because I would have had to judge you and rate your book down if you didn't (kidding...mostly).

    An Ideal Husband is similar, but I don't like the characters quite as much.

    I loved the soundtrack. But whatevs. I'll forgive you that error in judgment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sounds fair. I *always* judge people by their taste in movies. x)

      Delete
  3. Well, I know you in real life so sign me up to watch Being Earnest with you.

    ReplyDelete