Wednesday, May 30, 2012

*Pokes Head out of Writing Cave*

I don't write by hand on paper in the water without a shirt, but the alligator thing?
Happens ALLTHETIME. It's kind of ridiculous.

This is one of those posts where I say, "Oh, hey there, let me tell you things!" and then you run away rather quickly, and I chase after you shouting, "I AM IN MY WRITING CAVE, WRITING WILDLY, AND HAVE NO TIME FOR FOOD OR DRINK OR SOCIAL INTERACTION ON THE INTERNETS," which of course is a lie, because a) I'm chasing after you telling you these things and b) while I am writing wildly, book 2 is wrapping up fairly well and I haven't even started to panic very much yet, much, yet, at all, much.

At least I think book 2 is wrapping up well.

I hope it is.

MY MOM LIKES IT OK. O_O

Annnyway. I'm feeling busy. A lot of things seem to be happening at the beginning of June this year.

First and coolest among them is Book Expo America. I'm not going, so technically it doesn't add to my busyness at all, but I'll be thinking about it, and every time I think about it, I'll be like yaaaaay, because then I'll think about Bologna, and books, and people being excited about books, and it'll make me excited, too.

There are going to be galleys of The Peculiar. Somewhere. I assume at the HarperCollins booth. And my editor will be talking about the book on the MG buzz panel on June 6th, so if you are there, you lucky dog, you should go listen to her.

The day after the buzz panel is my birthday, the day after that is an annoying test at the conservatory which is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC because apparently it's ok to torture students, and in the afternoon is a lonnnnng rehearsal, and the day after that is a concert.

Birthday is number nineteen, by the by. Which strikes me as a fairly grown-up age and makes me feel like I should be acting older. And maybe looking older. May have to grow a beard. And act sophisticated.

Whatever. That is all. Back to WRITING. Rawr.

19 comments:

  1. Well, moms always like their children's accomplishments. But I have no doubt it's still good.

    Tonight at the boys' ballgame there was a boy on the bleachers reading his fantasy book ("The Lost Hero") and I thought: "Next year he'll be reading 'The Peculiar'." (I don't know how to do underline or italics for proper punctuation of that sentence.)

    And when I was nineteen, I was getting married. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's kind of an on-going joke that you should never-ever-ever tell a publishing professional (or anyone) that your Mom likes your writing, because IT DOESN'T COUNT.

    The Lost Hero is by Rick Riordan. Who is kind of huge. So maybe not. But thanks. ;)

    And Alyssa told me! Wow. I think I'd rather just grow a beard at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a good 19th year - I went to university and met some of my good friends. :-) LOL Your mom likes it -- you're too funny Stefan.

    My writing/revising is going well, too. I need about 1,700 words to get to 50,000 words in my novel and that is just so exciting to me. It's kind of a small YA but that's okay...50,000 is good lol. Good luck with the rest of book 2.

    Plus coughcough Who is Zurich landing in August? *waves hands excitedly*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo!! You're almost done then! :D I'm aiming for a 60,000 word "first" draft, but it will probably end up being closer to 70k again.

      And thanks! Good luck to you too!

      And you arrrrre! *waves back*

      Delete
  4. Wait I thought you were already 19! Sigh. Also I was lol-ing at that picture, and now I'm pretty sure that needs to happen. Again, so sad you're not gonna be at BEA, and your resident hi-sayer is ready to go ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! One more week!!

      Also, YOU'RE SO LUCKYYYYYY. >:O

      Delete
    2. Oh, that looks angry.

      :)

      There we go...

      Delete
    3. HA. I have 3.5 months on you :p

      Delete
  5. Woooo! I read your blooooog post!

    *waves from downstairs, stalkerishly* :D

    This comment is brought to you in part by: Mental subscribing. The non blogging way to subscribe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA.

      Lyssa, you can totally vouch for the writing-while-being-eaten-by-alligator thing now. xD RIGHT??? Tell them.

      Delete
    2. Ahem. I would. Except that it would be admitting that the alligator thing is my fault AND IT'S NOT. OKAY? AND THE ALLIGATOR'S NAME IS NOT JAMES AND IT DOESN'T LIVE UNDER MY BED AND I DON'T SET IT LOOSE WHEN YOU NEED TO WRITE.

      Ahem. Not at all.

      Delete
    3. IT'S NAME IS *NOT JAMES*!!! IT'S NAME IS ALMOST CERTAINLY THOMAS OR FRISBEE OR MOVIEEEEE.

      Haaaaa...

      Delete
    4. Thomas or Frisbee or Movie doesn't live under my bed, thank you. That might be strange for poor Tom. Speaking of which, why aren't you writing, silly person??

      Delete
    5. Because *obviously* I have no time for social interactions on the internets. Obviously.

      Delete
    6. Made extra sad because you two are in the same house! Fercryinoutloud.

      Delete
    7. But- but whyyy is that sad-making?

      Delete
    8. It's more fun to talk like this. Nostalgic. Or something. Hi Stef!

      Delete
  6. I turned 19 at your house! :-)

    Aaaand... not so sure about the beard thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did? I'm turning nineteen at my house, too. ;D

      And I'm sure I don't know what you mean. I'd look *great* in a beard surely...

      Delete