Friday, February 17, 2012

Glumday Discoveries

Remember that last blog post? The blaaaah one? Why yes, I am in jolly mood today, thank you. Many random youtube videos, and book pages, and texting prophecies of doom to my friends later, and all's once again well with the world.

I won't tell you why that day was blah. It's too embarrassing.

Just kidding.

About not telling you. Nothing's too embarrassing to be disseminated on the internet for the whole wide world to see. Nothing.

The reason hoo-eyyy is that I missed my first conservatory class of the morning because I slept too long.

I know, isn't that shocken' 'orrid? And then my phone rang and woke me up, and I was like, "Jaaa..." and Ridiculously Important Conservatory Teacher was like, "YOU HAD CLASS TEN MINUTES AGO, YO."

I died. Just, died. These things do not happen to time-budgeting, list-making, agenda-keeping little Stefan.

Anyway, during the subsequent bout of end-of-the-world melancholia (I missed a class. It's the end of the woooooooorrrrrrrrrlllllllldddddd...) I trolled the internetz looking for dreary, mean-spirited, and potentially cheery-uppy things, and found these!

The Gashleycrumb Tinies - possibly bad-taste, or politically incorrect, or something, but whatevs.


And then down the alphabet a ways...

Zillah's like... two. And she drank too much gin. That's not really funny, but it kind of is.

'Bad Day' - it gets old pretty quick. I thought the first bit was hilarious, though.

'Little Talks' - it's Icelandic indie music. I searched out the song on iTunes simply so that it could remind of the video. Because the video is weird and trippy, which means, of course, that it is awesome. 

 Also, I lol'd when the ginormous crow said, 'Hey'.

.
'The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr Morris Lessmore' - here's the cheery-uppy one. It's one of the oscar-noms for best animated short. If you like books, and the Slightly Saccharine™, Humpty-Dumpty, and pretty music, it will warm the halls and passageways of your stone-cold heart. 

It's fifteen minutes long, though, so if you don't like books, and the Slightly Saccharine™, Humpty-Dumpty, and pretty music, it will leave the halls and passageways of your stone-cold heart full of leetle tiny people weeping and gnashing their teeth, and wishing they hadn't spent fifteen minutes watching a short film full of books, and the Slightly Saccharine™, Humpty-Dumpty, and pretty music.


Pixar short 'La Luna' is also nommed, BUT I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE TO WATCH. I'm assuming I want it to win though. By default, dontchaknow.

2 comments:

  1. What? You actually answer your phone when it rings, sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Only when Ridiculously Important Conservatory Teachers call and I am frightened awake. xD

    ReplyDelete