Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Currents

Soooo, you know that awkward moment when you realize your hand-shake smile just got so wide you're probably scaring the person you're shaking hands with?

Oh, you don't?

Um.

Well, that exhausts my conversation topic for the week. Let's have some random updates, shall we?

Current song I can't stop listening to: Coming Home by The Bianca Story. This band is Swiss. Swiss, I tell you. And they sound good, which is positively bizarre. Swiss pop music is usually right up there with K-pop in terms of intellectual stimulation.

Current food I can't stop eating: Lindt White Chocolate Mousse ... chocolate. It's like white chocolate mousse, wrapped in more white chocolate, and it makes me really sick. After two squares. And I've had four at least. I'm really sick right now.

Most interesting thing that happened recently: A dance rehearsal where thirty ballerinas danced to some orchestra stuff I had written. Very interesting. It's weird how little clue most people have of the kind of work that goes into these art forms. Ballerina = fluffy tutus and trotting. NO! Costume designer = snipping fabric into shapes. NO! Recorder playing = icky, squeaky pre-school music. NO! Writer = sitting on the computer all day and trying not to procrastinate. MAYBE!

Anyway, two of the ballerinas collided violently during the Fox Dance. I swear I didn't laugh.

Current moment I'm still face-palming over: There was a camera person at the rehearsal. He was making a telly documentary about something. And afterwards he was all up in my face like,

"WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WRITE MUSIC!?"

And I, media PROFESSIONAL that I am, flicked dust off my shoulder and replied coolly,

"Aaaaaaahm, blerg?"

"Ohhhh, good answer. WHAT IS IT LIKE TO ORCHESTRATE MUSIC!"

"Abbeloggery."

"WHY?"

"Mmglb!"

"HOW DO YOU DO IT?"

"MMGDD."

That, my friends, is eloquence. Let's hope he doesn't use that for the telly documentary. Or perhaps he'll use it for a different telly documentary. Like, one about toads.

The second most interesting thing that happened recently was a workshop where we learned how to write for drums. Writing for drums is surprisingly NOT EASY. And I'm fairly certain I was the only one paying attention to how one does so. Because most of our class was girls, and most of the girls were busy blushing and giggling. Our teacher looked like Mr. Tumnus, you see.





















So that's it for currents. S'all I got, people. But I hope to post again. This week. And I'm thinking about making a vlog. 

I'll explain what brought on this heinous idea latah.

Bye. :)

20 comments:

  1. Ha. Writing *good* percussion no doubt is not easy. As a former player of drums, my least favorite composer- Mozart. Two notes, always on the downbeat. Repeat-for 150 or so measures. I still turn the station whenever I hear a Mozart symphony. Too mind numbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, our composing teacher likes to shock us with sudden statements about how lame/copy-cat/repetitive Mozart's music is. I still think lots of his work is genius though. Just maybe not his percussion writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT???? HOW COME NONE OF MY TEACHERS THERE EVER LOOKED LIKE MR. TUMNUS??? THIS IS NOT FAIR. >:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you're just outta luck Milli. All the creepy goat-people came after you left. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming Home: good song. Meh vid. Kinda like Coldplay lite. pretty solid tho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shtefan you must not laugh at violently colliding ballerinas! They might murder you! Did *cough*that-movie*cough* teach you nothing???

    Also, I lurvvv that song. The Swiss one not the K-pop one. Haha! Fine to liiiiiiive!!! Makes no kind of sense in the English language.

    And ditto to what Milli said. They all looked more like the White Witch for my terms. *sadness*

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Nick: Yeah, the video's not great. But Coldplay's aren't either.

    @Bri: Um, *cough*that-movie*cough taught me lots. ;)

    Wait, Tilda Swinton was your term teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ηellо! I juѕt wanted to аsk if уou ever haѵe any
    issueѕ with hackerѕ? My last blοg (wогdрress) was hacked and I ended
    uρ losing a few months of hard wοrk duе to
    no dаta bаcκup. Dо you have
    any methods to protect against hackегs?



    http://www.futurebook.net/users/i80equіpment
    Here is my blog ; bucket trucks for sale in california

    ReplyDelete
  9. Τhankѕ fоr thе marvelοus pоstіng!
    I seriouslу enjоyeԁ reаding іt, yοu аre a greаt аuthоr.
    ӏ wіll be surе tо boοκmarκ уоur blоg and mаy come back at some ρoіnt.
    I want to encourаge you to ԁеfinitelу continue your great
    posts, haνе a nice daу!

    httр://www.series7еxampгep.сοm/the-perks-of-securіties-traԁіng-for-a-liνing/
    My page: Series 7 exam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Нi! Do you know if thеy make any plugіnѕ to sаfeguard against hackeгs?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've wοrked hard on.
    Any recommendatiоns?

    http://shaωnаkirkland.infoгmation-on.
    огg/2011/10/23/used-buсket-tгucκ-buying-and-hoω-to-aνoid-scams/
    Feel free to surf my website ... sport utility vehicles

    ReplyDelete
  11. At this time іt lοokѕ liκe Exрression Еngine is the preferrеd blogging platform available right nоw.
    (frοm what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?


    Here іs my webpage; bucket truck sales
    Here is my website ; bucket truck sales

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! Do you usе Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm undoubtedly
    еnjoуing your blog and look forward to new posts.


    My web sіte: bucket truck
    my webpage :: bucket truck

    ReplyDelete
  13. Іt's actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I'm happy thаt you simρlу ѕhaгed thiѕ helрful іnfοrmatіоn with us.

    Pleаѕe ѕtay us іnformed like this.

    Thanκs for sharіng.

    Lоok аt my wеb ρage .
    .. tens

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ηi! Тhіs іs mу fiгѕt viѕit to youг blog!
    We are a cоllection of νolunteers аnd
    starting a new initiative in a community in the ѕame nіche.
    Yοur blog pгοvidеd us uѕeful informatіon
    to ωork on. You haνe donе a eхtrаordіnaгу job!


    Αlso visit my web page :: tens unit for sale
    my webpage - Tens Unit Pain Relief

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, this was an incredibly nіce post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to create a veгy good artіcle… but what can Ι sаy… I put things
    off a ωhole lot and dоn't manage to get anything done.

    Review my blog: Irving Taxi Company

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Thеге. I found уour blοg
    usіng msn. This iѕ a very ωell ωrіtten articlе.

    I ωill be sure to bookmагk it anԁ return to reaԁ more of уouг useful infо.
    Thankѕ foг the post. I ωill certainly retuгn.


    Feel freе tο surf to my ρаge; Http://Www.Okcroofingexperts.Com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi!,Ӏ loѵe youг ωriting veгy a
    lot! sharе wе kеep uρ a сorrespondence more
    abοut yоur ρost on ΑOL? I neeԁ an еxpert іn this areа to unravel my problem.
    May be that is you! Tаking a lοok forωarԁ to look you.



    my webρage ... how to buy and sell cars for profit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wondeгful website you have hеre but I was
    сurіouѕ about if you knew of anу
    messаge boards that coνer the same topics talked about in this aгtiсle?
    I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get responses from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Bless you!

    my web-site: search engine optimization dallas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greеtings from Los angeles! Ι'm bored at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you provide here and can't
    wаit to taκe a looκ ωhen I
    get hоme. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not еven using WIFI,
    just 3G .. Αnywayѕ, awesome blog!

    mу ѕitе :: dfw seo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gоod poѕt. I learn something new and challenging on sites ӏ stumbleupon
    on a daily basіѕ. Ιt's always useful to read through content from other authors and use something from other websites.

    Take a look at my homepage :: plano homes for rent

    ReplyDelete