Thursday, September 15, 2011

Zee Blue Monkee!!!

Actually, I lie. I'm not going to tell you about blue monkeys. I'm not going to tell you about the master class either, mostly because I'm afraid someone I met there might stumble across this post and read it and tell the great master, and I will be banished forthwith from his sight in shame and degradation. Musicians do that, you know - google each other in secret to see who is doing what and accomplished such-and-sundry. Or maybe that's just me.

Suffice it to say, the past week managed to make me reeeeeeally tired of playing music.

So I ate this:


(Not all at once. Golly... How could you even think it?)

And watched this:


Yes indeed.

Look at the Cardinal Richelieu's expression in this next one. Look at it really closely. That was pretty much my expression through the whole thing.







Ahahaha. I make me laugh sometimes.

But the movie was definitely lacking class. I think they were trying to go for a sort of Pirates of the Caribbean fantasy/comedy/adventure vibe, but it didn't work for me. Weak plotting, weak directing, lots of Milla Jovovich speaking in husky bubblegum-American. Also, I didn't like the music. A good soundtrack covereth a multitude of sins, proof being The Village and Atonement and a bunch of other movies that I adoaah. This one had some sort of anachronistic James Bond-ish score, complete with drum pads and icky snyth. Didn't like.

The costumes were nice, though. And the ships flew. They fleeeew!

The best news of the month by far, is that I got two requests from agents to read my complete manuscript. Wooooo... That made me happy for about five minutes. All is not lost! They're both pretty terrifying and amazing agencies with NYT bestselling authors and such, so if I got an offer of representation from one of them I would be beyond happy. I would... I'd be...

I'd probably die.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with agentsssssss!!!!!! You need to write me. And gimme some of that chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank youuuu. The chocolate's all gone. Now. xD But it really is the best Swiss stuff EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOLD. that is all.

    XD

    ReplyDelete