Monday, September 5, 2011

Busytude

Dear Person Sitting Next to Me in the Train: bathing in deoderant, cologne and/or air-freshener does not substitute taking a stupid shower!

That being said, this week is going to be terrible.

Tomorrow I have to play at a funeral. It's my third funeral in two weeks. I get paid for this. Isn't it faintly amusing how someone as insipid as an organist can profit from people dying? Haha. Ha.

On Wednesday I have rehearsal with a clarinetist who I have never met before, playing a Saint-Säens sonata that I have never played before. After that I have three hours of theory, and because our homework was to read something like fifty pages, I have a creeping dread that there is going to be a pop quize. Iiiii need to get that book sharp-like.

On Thursday I have rhythm class. I don't like rhythm class.

On Friday I'm in the newspaper.

On Saturday I have my very first solo concert. Ever. I'm not terribly worried about this one, mostly because I don't think anyone will come.

On Saturday I'm playing at a charity concert for the tsunami in Japan. The piece will be the aforementioned Saint-Säens sonata with the aforementioned clarinetist.

On Sunday I go to Schaffhausen to a master class which will go until Wednesday. This one I am terribly worried about. Geniuses everywhere, watching you while a famous dude tells you everything you're doing wrong. It's scaryyyy...
But whatever. I hope I survive. I hope I have some lovely success to report next week. If not, there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth on this blog. And maybe a book review. :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree. How terrible to be in the newspaper.
    Play good, y'hear? Is your concert in Zurich? Maybe I could come while the Beast is getting serviced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!! on....evrything. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The concert is at 11:00 in the morning, but it's in Langnau... It would be cool if you could come anywayyyy! What time are you getting to Zürich?

    Thanguuu Emmaducky! :D

    ReplyDelete